Follow by Email--get our blog in your email!

Epinephrine Epi Pen ® insulated cases

Epinephrine Epi Pen ® insulated cases
weather proof, optional medical alert labels, insulated, options to add, 4 different styles, great colors

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Epipen cases and enjoy the Summer!

I hope everyone is still enjoying the Summer. I will not rush us out of Summer, as we still have another 1.5 months of Summer and even more time of fabulous weather.

Epipen cases: this is the time of year when those of us with bee allergies absolutely must carry our epipens and benadryl with us at all times. I learned that I was allergic to all bees, hornets, wasps, and related when I was just 20 years old. I've been carrying epipens ever since (I'd rather not say how long!!). Since then I have been diagnosed with celiac disease (gluten free diet is required) and other food allergies so my doctors really insist that I carry the epipens all year long. When I founded TuffBags, the epipen case was one of the first bags that I developed. My younger son has also had to carry epipens since he was 3. He has severe tree nut allergies as well as other foods.

The bottom line is I personally understand what you are going through as a person with severe allergies and as a parent. I still get nervous in regards to my younger son who is now 21 and does not need his mom hovering over him! So I most welcome your questions and concerns and I will answer them as best I can. Please do remember that I am not an MD or pharmacist, but a mom and person with severe allergies.

All of my epipen cases can be found here---now with neon pink (the color of my case!). You can select the basic case and several options such as the medical alert label (you can use a Sharpie to write your child's name on the case), a removable sling strap, and the optional zippered pocket).

http://www.tuffbaggs.com/product/epipen_case.html

the waist style ones are here (soon to be upgraded and offering the medical alert label)

http://www.tuffbaggs.com/product/epipen_waist_carrier.html



I hope all of you with these horrible allergies will continue to enjoy the Summer despite the bees! In regards to food allergies and celiac disease, the FDA is increasing its requirements on the labeling. I always read every label when food shopping and I am very cautious when eating out. I have found that many small family owned restaurants will cater to one's special needs and are more than happy to do so -- just ask!

Enjoy early August!

Shalom, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment